File setup for perfect bound books can be a bit tricky at times. Accounting for all the variables such as paper thickness, page count, bleeds and hinge scores is necessary to have a quality end product. Here are a few tips to prepare your files:
Set Up Tips for the Cover:
- We require a 3/8” trim on the top and bottom of the book cover.
- We require an 1/8” trim on the face of the cover.
- Keep critical text and graphics clear of the trim edges; pull in 1/4” (.25″ margin).
If you have any questions about determining the spine thickness feel free to email our prepress department at email@example.com with the type of cover paper, text paper and page/sheet count to get an exact measurement.
Set Up Tips for the Inside Pages:
- We require 1/8” trim on all sides of the book.
- Send collated slip sheeted sets if printing digitally.
- Keep critical text and graphics clear of the binding edge and trim edges; pull in 1/4” (.25″ margin).
We are always available to answer any questions along the way. Simply call or email our prepress team and we’ll walk you through the process: 770-664-8199 or firstname.lastname@example.org.